Total Pageviews

Delicious!




Some people love shoes. Some people love purses. And some people love clothes. I love beautiful fabric. Cashmere, leather, boucle or a wonderful italian wool. Yummy! My stash proves my point. I have a hard time walking away from beautiful fabric. Oh that is another topic, so let me stop right here.

Lately, my obsession is with european or boutique fabrics especially for children. Unlike alot of the women that sew on the Ottobre group, I always notice the fabric before I notice the pattern details. I love these fabrics, and there is nothing similiar on this market. I search Ebay, and check out some of my favorite websites for any deal I can find. Ha! I wish. Not many deals to find out there. So I decided to splurge.

The new issue of Ottobre included alot of patterns that I had requested via email several months ago. I don't mean to pat myself on the back, because it is possible that they were aware of this trend before I said anything. Anyhow, I had requested a japanese-style crossover one piece outfit and dress. It was all there! They had also included alot more items for smaller babies (size 56). That is great. I had both of my children in that size for at least four weeks. It is not easy to find clothes for premie sizes. Yeah for Ottobre!!

So, here is my most recent project. It is scrumptious! I was so excited when the
material arrived. I bought it through Banberry Place. Beautiful velvet. Lightweight, great quality and the colors were just gorgeous. The pattern was the Baby Pinafore Dress from the most recent issue of Ottobre 6/2007 in a size 62, which by the way fits. Thank goodness. My little princess just refuses to grow.

The material did not ravel, which was another sign that it was a better quality. It was easy to cut and easy to sew. I used a size 80 needle with polyester thread, and cut the pattern pieces using a rotary cutter with a seam allowance guide. My seam allowances are usually no more then 3/8". The pockets were alot easier then they look. I sewed a 1/4" seam allowance around the bottom to ease the pocket into shape. I also followed the instructions for the bow, and I think it turned out nicely. The only thing I did not care for, was when it was time to attach the skirt to the bodice, I was not satisfied with just serging the front seams. It just did not look professional to me. I folded the seam under 1/4" in case the front opened and became visible.

Otherwise, all the pieces went together nicely as usual, and I think this pattern could be used with a variety of different fabrics. I am sure this pattern will be a favorite of mine.

1 comments:

Frank 3:41 PM  

GASP! I love that fabric and dress. So beautiful! Your work is amazing and inspiring!

About This Blog

About This Blog

  © Free Blogger Templates Spain by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP