Total Pageviews

Pattern or Fabric First?



This is one of those cases, where everything just came together. The fabric came from Ebay. The price $3.65 a yard. The quality: perfect. Not only were the colors prettier then I imagined, but the lightweight batiste feel of the fabric was just right for a baby outfit. I knew immediately what I wanted to do with the fabric.
The problem was finding the right pattern. Baby patterns, size 62 in particuliar are just not easy to find. However, I did end up finding a suitable pattern in one of my old 2004 Burda magazines. I hated to test anything out on the fabric, but I measured the pattern pieces, and was fairly certain that this should fit. That is one thing I noticed, the magazine patterns fit much better then the actual Burda patterns you buy in the stores. They run very large.
I did make a few modifications or changes to the pattern. Instead of just three lines of shirring, I decided to make 5. The romper just did not need that much "fluff" as was given by the pattern. Then I decided to do a rolled hem on the front top and back top, as well as the legs. The fabric was so soft, that it was easier and alot nicer then adding binding. The binding just weighed it down unnecessarily.
It was a cute pattern, and the magazine also includes a pattern for a dress.


0 comments:

About This Blog

About This Blog

  © Free Blogger Templates Spain by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP