Total Pageviews

Pink and Lace


After entertaining my in-laws for 10 days, my husband and son gave me the weekend to sew. I did sew, but there were so many things that got in the way, that I barely finished the dress on Sunday evening. On Friday, my daughter got her vaccinations and shortly thereafter developed a very high fever. I had less then three hours of sleep that night. I tried my best to stay awake on Saturday, but as soon as I read the pattern instructions, I fell asleep. Saturday night was a bit better. She woke up around midnight cying, but then fell asleep again until my son woke us up at 6:00am. Then to add to my bad luck, I woke up with a terrible migraine on Sunday and it would not subside all day. The good news is that my dd's fever broke on Saturday evening, and she was almost back to her "happy" self on Sunday.
So, back to the dress. I decided to try something besides an Ottobre pattern. This is NEW LOOK 6687 in a size NewBorn. I really liked the pattern picture. The Ottobre patterns in a size 62 have been too big, so I thought I would try something new. This dress was too big too. It will most likely fit her in about 4 weeks. The fabric is a pink and white striped seersucker.

The pattern went together very well, and the instructions were easy to follow. The bodice is doubled, which I will probably not do again. Instead I think a batiste as the lining would probably feel lighter and feel softer on the baby's skin. The armhole and sleeve binding went on very easily. I liked the way New Look applied this part of the pattern. The binding was sewn together to form a circle and then a 3/8" was pressed under on one of the long edges. The other edge is then sewn (3/8" of course) to the dress. I will probably use their idea again in combination with some other patterns. The skirt had a nice fullness. I was not fond of putting a zipper into the dress. I used a lightweight invisible zippper. Have to practice my techniques again. It has been a long time since I had to add a zipper to anything.
Very happy with this pattern, and I cannot wait to to make the romper.

1 comments:

mermaids 4:29 AM  

very sweet and delicate. i agree...batiste would probably be a better choice for lining in the future. seersucker is such a great fabric for little ones in the summer.

teri

About This Blog

About This Blog

  © Free Blogger Templates Spain by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP