Total Pageviews

Happy Birthday!

Yes, it has really been a year, since my daughter was born. They say time flies the older you get, and believe me it is true. Anyways, I just wanted to share what a wonderful day we are having. My daughter did not sleep through night, and let me only have about 4 hours of sleep, but it was her day, so she was allowed to do whatever she wanted. I managed to get her birthday cake finished yesterday, after all the stresses of the week. I think it turned out nice. Not as good as Franks cakes, but this is the first time I have even attempted to decorate. Not bad. Of course, when you look at the cake from the front or the side, you can see how uneven it is. Oh well, why was so compelled to reveal that. So isn't that a cute cake stand? I have a yellow satin ribbon running through it. So southern. You can decorate the stand for any holiday or event. Just what I like.





So, we started off her birthday with spaghetti for lunch. She just loves this dish, as you can tell. She dives right into the food. That is why I dressed her in this red outfit, so I did not have to worry about any stains.


Next came cake and ice cream. Nicolas would not allow another minute to go by. He bugged me and bugged me, so we celebrated her birthday.



Omi gave her a very nice Britax car seat, which costs a fortune. Aunt Michele gave her three Naartjie outfits. They are gorgeous. I will post pictures of her as soon as I put them on. Grandma Joan gave her a beautiful sundress with matching bloomers and hat, and Grandma Carolyn gave her a beautiful dress with buttons going down the front. Of course, combine those with my two outfits and she has enough clothes for awhile. My next task is to take care of Nicolas, however I have some curtains waiting for me.

Happy Birthday mein kleiner Schatz! Here are some more cute pictures.


1 comments:

Melissa 6:34 PM  

Happy "Belated" Birthday Princess!!! And a Happy "Belated" Birthing Day to you mommy! :-) She's so adorable Jeannine and the cake is fabulous. I know homemade cakes can be a pain to decorate, but they are filled with so much more love than ones from the store so give yourself a pat on the back. :-)


There is a quote I have on my fridge that I read often..."The days are long, but the years are short." May you treasure every moment with your children, I have a hard time believing my oldest is 10.5 already - wahh!

About This Blog

About This Blog

  © Free Blogger Templates Spain by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP