Total Pageviews

When Yoga is just not your thing!

Most people will tell you to relax by doing Yoga. Oh, it teaches you to breathe and stretch, and you will feel so much better if you joined a class. Well I say to hell with a Yoga class, start sewing. Sewing is so relaxing for me, and most importantly so rewarding. Everytime I finish a project, I am so proud, and confident that I can finish anything I want to. If I envision a dream vacation, it would be to lock myself in the house for a week....no husband....no kids.....just me and my sewing machines....

Here is my latest creation. I bought the fabric at LauraLeeCreations. I also purchased a matching knit and a velour with diamonds. Originally, I was going to make something out of a lightweight knit, however the weather has been so cold. She has almost no winter clothes, and this new velour is so baby soft.


The pattern I used is 2 and 3 from the Winter 2004 Ottobre magazine, Size 62. It was actually quite easy, but I had problems with the pockets. They were just too bulky, so I tried to put binding around them, and forget the lining. I did not like that either. At this point, I had spent two nights working on the pockets, so I was not happy. Last but not least, I dropped the pockets completely. The print is busy enough, that it did not need the pockets.


What I really like about the top is the length. It is just perfect for a crawler. I used a very fine corduroy for the binding, and it was very easy to sew in place using Teri's binding methods. I could not take the picture without the binding appearing sort of red in color. It is almost a perfect match. I didn't put a button in the front because I did not think the top needed it. Again, it would have been too busy for the print. The fit was perfect. I was sort of surprised that I have not seen more of these tops.

The leggings fit perfect. The pattern is such that the front and back pieces are one. Combined you have only two pattern pieces to sew together. Talk about an easy 15 minute pattern. Wonderful.

2 comments:

Lori 7:48 PM  

She looks darling in her new outfit.

mermaids 6:03 AM  

i agree...skip the yoga and sew. :) the outfit is adorable...so cozy and warm. the problem is i would want to snuggle with her all day long. she is definitely a cutie.

About This Blog

About This Blog

  © Free Blogger Templates Spain by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP