Total Pageviews

What to do when the year starts off like this!

2008! This year is starting off so very, very bad, that I am beginning to believe I need to raise a champagne glass and start all over again. I know they say that "when it rains it pours", but this is beginning to be too much.

January 2nd. Everyone is sick! My son and daughter and I all had the flu twice. We had to take my daughter to the hospital this week, where she tested positive for RSV.

January 8th: Steven Downs. A cousin, died of throat cancer or chemo, whichever was stronger in the end. He was 42 years old, had three children (11,9, and 4), and a beautiful wife. My husband left for Kentucky the moment he heard Steven was in the hospital with pneumonia. He arrived at the hospital at 6:00pm, and Steven died at 5:30am the following day. It was terribly painful for my husband. They were very close. It went downhill so fast. I cannot stop thinking about him and his family. So sad that something like this happens to such a nice guy. God rest his soul.

January 16th: My husband comes back two days after celebrating his birthday, and I get stuck with strept throat this week. Choking is a major phobia of mine, so waking up at 2am and barely being able to breathe because everything was so inflamed is no fun. I spend an entire day at the doctors, just so they send me home with Motrin. No good. The pain got worse, and I barely slept four hours. I could not eat or drink anything. I even went to a dentist because my jaw bone was inflamed. Thank goodness my doctor gave in and finally gave me some strong medicine to make this thing go away. The sad part was that I had to stop breastfeeding my daughter. The medicine could not be taken without weaning. I miss our closeness, and the ease with which it always brought a smile to her face. It was the best, simplest, and cost effective thing I ever did. Thank you Michele.

January 21st: Dusty our dog has developed a somewhat ugly mole on his rear leg, which needed to be looked at by our vet. Needless to say, I have been somewhat busy this month, however my husband finally got there today. They did a biopsy, because the mole has been growing so fast, which means it is most likely cancerous. They also did a routine blood and urine test, and he tested positive for diabetes. We have to put him on insulin right away. Dusty is 12. I know that he has been lonely ever since Chanty has died. I know his health has declined recently due to the onset of arthritis, however did we really need this bad news on top of everything else? He is still so alive and loves to play with the kids. One more summer, please.

Our daughter's birthday is this week, and I am frantically trying to get a few things finished for her. I have nothing, but I will be dammed if I don't give her the cutest birthday to make the end of this month one to remember more positively. She is worth celebrating. Our little Miss Dracula has finally gotten in all four front teeth. She smiles all the time, and she makes us smile all the time. Soon she will be walking, and then the fun will really begin. My son is having alot of fun with her as well. I guess things could be even worse, and I am so very grateful for what I have.

0 comments:

About This Blog

About This Blog

  © Free Blogger Templates Spain by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP