Total Pageviews

Ripe Red Cherries



Frannie Baby

A pattern I bought last year from Childrens Corner. The dress is actually small enough to fit Olivia. This was a test garment. I needed to find out how easy this pattern was to sew, and if it fits.

I actually hit some rough spots with this pattern. The dress is lined, and it calls for piping at the neck - not binding. I did the binding, because I was too lazy to make the piping. It actually worked out quite nicely. I had a hard time with the elastic that ran under the arms. I could not pull the safety pin which was attached to the elastic, through the middle seam. I figured out a new way to get the same results, so in the end it worked just fine. Attaching the lining to the dress and pulling it to the right side also gave me a bit of a problem. I had to rip the stitches out at least once on the hem. Other than that, the dress fit wonderfully.

The bloomers were easy to sew. I added lace to the bottom of the bloomers. The fabric is red and white seersucker gingham. As usual the bloomers were way too big. I have no idea why. I could have pulled them up to her chin.

Conclusion: She looked adorable, and we got compliments in the Ralph Lauren Factory Store. Now I know I can add this pattern to my list of things to make in the future.

1 comments:

Juliane 1:29 PM  

This is adorable! I have this pattern, too, but I haven't made it yet. Now that I've seen yours I need to get busy on it.

About This Blog

About This Blog

  © Free Blogger Templates Spain by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP